- Category: Plugins
- Last Updated: Friday, 14 February 2014 19:07
- Published: Thursday, 04 April 2013 10:40
- Hits: 765
User's guide for
JProCheckIn, is the Gate Control to your Joomla!™ 3+ administrator area. JProCheck-In is the system plugin that protects your Joomla!™ administrator login area and prevents access attempts from unauthorized users, using a secure system and an emergency recovery system. It's Joomla!™ R3ADY!
|included in package:||n/a|
|release date:||April 2013|
|updated on:||November 24, 2013|
|min. requirements:||Joomla!™ 3+
Gantry framework ready
Listed on Joomla!™ official Extensions Directory here.
What is JProCheck-In
JProCheck-In is a Joomla!™ 3.0 R3EADY! system plugin
JProCheck-In system plugin, from JPro Extensions, will you to increase security on your Joomla!™ websites, by restricting your administrator login area access by unauthorized user attempts. With JProCheck-In, only users who have the JProCheck-In credentials - "Ticket" and "Boarding pass", will be able to see (access) your administrator login area. Without these credentials, the attempt will be redirected to a url defined by you in the plugin configuration. This security system plugin will let you concentrate on other aspect of you sites managements, rather than worrying about possible intrusions and access to the administrator login form. It's Joomla!™ R3ADY!
JProCheck-In, is a straight forward and easy configurable Joomla!™ 3+ plugin and is packed with several features that prevents you setting reserved or non acceptable parameters for the credentials, as a higher security measure.
Since version 3.0.1, it's now possible to log unauthorized attempts to Joomla!'s log. When enabled, the plugin will log the the date, time, area and IP address information as:
2013-12-31T23:59:59+00:00 NOTICE jprocheckinwebsitesecurity JProCheckIn: Blocked IP on Admin login 12.345.678.910
Installation, updates and upgrades
How to install the JProCheck-In plugin
The installation process is the standard Joomla!™ installation procedure and no special requirements are needed to perform a successful plugin installation. After the successful installation, the message contains a link that will get you directly to Your Joomla!™ plugin administration area and there you'll be able to configure and activate JProCheck-In.
JProCheck-In configuration is the only important thing you have to do. And it's easy, thanks to the dynamic system that is implemented in the configuration panel. Access your Joomla!™ administrator area and on the top menu select "Extensions" > "Plug-in manager". As you get the plug-ins list, type in you search field "JProCheckIn" and click to edit. You'll be able to see then the two tabs - "Details" and "JProCheckIn main settings":
This panel gives you access to Joomla!™'s plug-ins standard configuration and here you just have to make sure you set the following:
- Status: Enable;
- Access: Public;
JProCheckIn main settings
This panel gives you access to the main JProCheck-In settings and it's where you'll define your credentials and emergency recovery. The fields are:
- Your Check-in url: This is a semi-readonly field that dynamically display the final result of what will be your administrator check-in url.
- As you type your credentials, note that the field value - url, changes.
- When you have set your final "Ticket" or/and "Boarding pass" credentials, simply click on the field and right click to copy the url. Then, just bookmark it.
- The email that will be sent by the system, contains the full url, the date and time it was requested and the IP address of who made the request. It DOES NOT CONTAIN any usernames or passwords!
- Redirection to "Front-end" (site home page). This is the default even if you do not make a selection.
- Redirection to a Custom url - When this option is selected, the field Redirect custom url will appear below the select box.
- Redirect to Error page - Your template error.php page will be defined as the redirect url for check-in failures. Note that the system will check the existence of this script in your default template. If this script is not available, it'll redirect to your home page. Generally, this script is available in all templates.
Don't forget to copy your url and the credential you have defined for the emergency recovery
Save, close and Just use it!
The plugin ships with the default English (en-GB) translation files that are located in the following directory in your Joomla!™ website:
You can check our GitHub page and see if there are already other community translations for the component and the language you want. If not, you can create your own following Joomla!™ translation guidelines that you can read here.
Then, if you wish, you can contribute to the community and fork our translations repository from GitHub and make a pull request.