JProPhotoSlides module, allows you to display slideshows of photos or images containing information to your users/customers, with responsive html, on the front-end of your website. It's Joomla!™ R3ADY!
|current version:||1.3.1||release date:||October 2012|
|prev. versions:||1.3.0||updated on:||January 25, 2013|
|min.requirements:||Joomla!™ 3.0 +|
|demos:||one, two||FREE download:||JProPhotoSlides|
Listed on Joomla!™ official Extensions Directory here.
JProPhotoSlides module allows you to display slideshows of photos or images containing information to your users/customers, with responsive html, on the front-end of the website. It's Joomla!™ R3ADY!
Loaded with lots of configurable options, the JProPhotoSlides is highly customizable, and has the ability to be cloned and displayed several times in the same page, allowing this module to server different purposes and with different pre-defined styles.
The installation process is the standard Joomla!™ installation procedure and no special requirements are needed to perform a successful module installation.
JProPhotoSlides allows you to perform basic and advanced configuration on your Joomla!™ modules administration area.
There are four configuration tabs - Details | Basic options | Advanced | Menu assignment. Although there's only need to configure the basics and important Menu assignment and module position (as in any other Joomla!™ module), you may want to do other configurations and every configurable option has a description of it as you hover your mouse over the field label.
- Source folder - Select the folder where the images are located. no trailing or leading slashes. Example for correct source: images/photos/myphotos_folder;
- Transitions speed - 3000 is the default. The higher the value, the slower the transition (1000 = 1 second);
- Hover pause - Select if slideshow should pause on mouse over. Default is Yes;
- Max. photos to show - Enter the maximum number of photos to include. Min is 2, max is 30 per default;
- Module style - Select a style for your JProPhotoSlides module. Default is Shadow. Simple is the most basic. You can also set your style in the Advanced Options tab in Page Class Suffix;
- Display/selection ordering - Select random for Random selection of images from directory, else, selection will be natural ascending from directory;
- Show captions - elect yes to show the Captions and Headings;
- Prev/Next controls - Allows you to disable or enable the Prev < and Next > slider controls;
- Show/Hide captions button - Default is Yes, to display the Show/Hide captions link in the module footer. Select No if you want to always show the captions;
- Pre text - Text to be displayed before the module body (html allowed);
- Pos text - Text to be displayed after the module body (html allowed);
- Hide link - Allows you to hide the tiny little small link that links to JPro Extensions website. Thank you if you let it be here!;.
- Use image metadata - Select yes to read image metadata and display as heading and caption, or no to use the below fields or none if left empty;
- Links target - elect the target for the links (ex. _blank, _parent, etc.);
- Photo headings - You can write headings for up to five images;
- Photo captions - - You can write captions for up to five images;
- Links - Enter a url to link the image to another page or website. Note: If you need to link to an external content, link must start with http://
After configuring the backend options, including the basic menu assignment, position, and publishing it, the JProPhotoSlides module will automatically render on the pages and positions selected, so there's no need to do any other configurations. It's ready to use!
The JProPhotoSlides module can be duplicated (cloned) if you need and want to display more than one slideshow module on each page.
Just in case you want to change the look and feel of the JProPhotoSlides module, it is highly recommended that you do an override of the default view to your template, so that in case of any updates, you'll not loose your personal settings/code/markup. To do this, follow the following steps:
1. create a directory with the module name in your default template html directory (the path should look like the following - yoursite/templates/your_template/html/mod_jprophotoslides/.
2. copy the two files - default.php and index.html, inside the mod_jprophotoslides tmpl directory to the directory you've created in your template (you should have now those two files inside the yoursite/templates/your_template/html/mod_jprophotoslides/). Don't copy the tmpl directory. This is just to be used by the platform in the modules directory and not inside the templates html!
3. Now that you have the default.php file, you can do your templating on this file, without affecting the core one.
- any templating might change the module behavior, so test it before you take it live. In case something goes wrong, you can still copy the original file again and start over.
- JProPhotoSlides module is packed with sample images and you agree that those images are to be used solely for main installation and preview, and not to be used in your final module rendering, nor in any other medium.
Please read the LICENSE.TXT that ships with the JProPhotoSlides module package